Tuesday was not a great night for the networks as many shows tumbled in their second week. Many blame the surging use of DVRs as the reason as many shows enjoyed huge gains as DVR use is factored in a few days later. Will this have an impact on the prime-time schedule? We shall wait and see. Here are Tuesday’s […]
Here we go again: yet another broadcaster-MSO dispute – only this time, Chicago baseball and Vampire Diaries fans (wow, there’s an odd combo) may be left in the lurch. Tribune Broadcasting and DirecTV are in a retrans dispute and if a deal isn’t reached by March 31, Tribune’s 24 stations across eighteen markets – including WGN-TV […]
It was a tumulus past week in the media world, highlighted by the exit of Tribune Court Jester Randy Michaels and the possibly of the Parents Television Council going bust. Is that a cause for celebration, or what? Winners Robert Feder. His coverage of the saga at Tribune Tower was exceptional work – truly a wonderful job by Chicago’s best […]
The Dolan family have decided to buy out Cablevision for a bid of $10.6 billion, which founded and currently controls the company. Earlier this week, Cablevision sold off its stakes in FSN New England and FSN Bay Area to Comcast. Cablevision owns the MSG Network and FSN New York as well as the New York Knicks and New York Rangers.
Comcast Corp. has bought out Cablevision’s share in the FSN Bay Area and FSN New England sports nets for $570 million. Comcast will get 60 percent of the stake in FSN Bay Area (with Fox owning the other 40 percent) and 50 percent in FSN New England, giving it full control. FSN Bay Area carries San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose sports teams, […]