– Twentieth Television has renewed The Morning Show with Mike & Juliet for a second season the Fox O&O’s, including WFLD-TV in Chicago. The program has done on many stations, especially in southern markets such as Birmingham (WBRC) and Greensboro, N.C. (WGHP). Other pickups include San Francisco (KTVU), Seattle (KCPQ-TV), and Portland, Ore. (KPTV).
– Mighty Oak’s Whacked Out Sports sports blooper show is back for a second season in 85 percent of the country, including WFLD-TV in Chicago, KSDK-TV in St. Louis, and WTHR in Indianapolis. The program was renewed by WNBC-TV in New York and KTTV in Los Angeles.
– Martha from NBC Universal has been renewed in 85 percent of the country for a fourth season, including several NBC O&Os.
– Meredith’s Better TV franchise has been sold in 12 additional markets, including seven LIN-owned TV stations, bringing the total clearances of the daytime hour to 25, including WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee.
– Nextstar-owned NBC affiliate WBRE-TV in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pa. is shifting its midday newscast to 11 a.m. from noon, being replaced by Martha, which moves from 3 p.m. What’s taking her’ place in the early-fringe time slot, you ask? 55 year-old repeats of I Love Lucy. Even Martha Stewart is no match for the zany antics of Lucille Ball.