Where sports, pop culture, and media meet
The second set of trends for the Arbitron fall book for Chicago radio stations are out, and there is some movement on the chart among several radio stations. Thoughts…
– It looks like WGN is going to be #1 for the foreseeable future.
– WGCI rebounded to third place this trend, perhaps silencing critics (such as yours truly)
-WLS-AM rebounded nicely as well.
– Regional Mexican outlet WLEY finished seventh, hitting an all time high.
– WKSC dropped to ninth, reaching a year-long low with 3.1. So much for Britney’s comeback.
– WBBM-FM (B96) dropped to 12th place, perhaps an all-time low (post-1982) for the rhythmic outlet.
– Oldies station WZZN also took it on the chin.
-WCKG/WCFS saw a ratings drop with the switch to the new AC format.