More news from the Television Critics Association tour in L.A. :
-Discovery is celebrating the 20th anniversary of Shark Week, from July 29 to August 4, with all sharks, all the time. The marathon will also feature footage of Amy Jacobson’s appearance at the Stebic House two weeks ago, in which her career – and local news – jumped the shark.
– Star Jones is back in an undistinguished brand new talk show that will premiere at 2 p.m. weekdays beginning August 20, and somewhere, it’s going to get beaten in the ratings by Jerry Springer.
– CNN is air new Special Investigative Unit Specials to air starting next month. First up: The little known early life of Princess Diana.
– Season 2 of My Boys will premiere on TBS on July 30 at 9 p.m. Another new sitcom, The Bill Engvall Show, premieres tomorrow at 8 p.m.
– TNT will debut a new drama headlined by Academy Award Winner Holly Hunter called Saving Grace July 23 at 10 p.m. (sure to be TNT’s next big hit.)
– Bravo will originate Top Chef from right here in Chicago, for its next cycle.
– SciFi Channel will launch new Battlestar Galactica mini-sodes beginning in October and will lead into a full episode late in November, which will set the stage for its new (and final) season.
-Finally, USA has picked up two new show – Steve-O, featuring the wacky adventures of Jackass’ Steve-O and a new drama, To Love & Die. Steve-O premieres in October (after RAW), Die premieres in 2008.