Robert Feder’s column in the Sun-Times today:
– WCIU-TV is taking advantage of WFLD-TV’s move of The Simpsons to 10:35 p.m. by taking out billboards proclaiming that “Now Bart can watch The King of Queens at 10 p.m.” Somehow, I envisioned Bart watching Futurama on Adult Swim instead…
– Meet WKQX-FM’s (or Q101) spokesman: retiring Price is Right host Bob Barker. He’s tied in to the new Morning Fix show somehow. The target audience of that station is more familiar with Barker pummeling Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore.
– To no one’s surprise, news snake Joel Cheatwood, who ruined WBBM-TV’s and WMAQ-TV’s newscasts for life in the ’90’s, is now vice president of development for Fox News Channel. He fits in there perfectly.
– WVON’s Roland Martin is hosting a Good Friday CNN special, What Would Jesus Do, tonight at 7 p.m.
– WTMX “dodged a bullet” in FCC license renewal proceedings by rejecting a challenge by some dope who claimed that the station failed to identify Skokie as the city of license and failure of providing local programming.