Weigel Broadcasting, owner of independent WCIU-TV in Chicago and classic TV stations Me-TV (WCIU-DT, 26.2) and Me-Too (WMEU-TV and WCIU-DT 26.3) has released its fall schedules for the 2009-10 season. Click the links to view each schedule, all in PDF form:
WCIU 2009 Fall Schedule
Similar to what Turner has done to TBS and TNT and the WWE has done to its roster (splitting up between Smackdown and Raw), Weigel has split its classic TV stations into different genres: Me-TV is mostly comedy while Me-Too is drama.
Among the highlights:
– My Wife & Kids moves to WCIU from WGN-TV, where the sitcom will air at 8 p.m. (My Wife also moves in New York, from WPIX-TV to WWOR-TV.)
– You & Me, a new local lifestyle-news show hosted by Jeanne Sparrow airs weekdays at 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.
– Scrubs shifts to Me-TV at 4:30 p.m. and WCIU at 12:30 a.m.
– The new Brian McKnight Show airs at 7 p.m. Sundays on WCIU, beginning Sept. 27
– Even though Star Trek: The Next Generation repeats were sold to the Tribune station group, CBS Television Distribution bypassed WGN-TV to sell the series to MeToo. It’ll run weeknights at 9 p.m. beginning Sept. 14.
Usually when the trades announce a sale of a program to a major station group, it is assumed all stations in the group will air the show – and sometimes this isn’t the case. For example, even though the trades reported the NBC O&Os renewed Deal or No Deal and Martha for another season, NBC’s WRC in Washington doesn’t air either show.