The semi-annual TV Critics Poll from TV Week is out, and it has AMC’s Mad Menas the best show and Fox’s Do Not Disturbas the worst. Yours truly has been reading lists from TV Week/Electronic Media for nearly 20 years, and its’always a fun read, whether I agree with them or not. Some observations:
– Cable made its presence known on the Best TV list, with eleven series representing.
– Also showing some muscle was CBS, with How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory.
– It appears J.J. Abrams still has the golden touch: His new sci-fi drama Fringe made a solid debut showing at No. 21. But the most impressive debut came from HBO’s True Blood, which came in fifth.
– Can anyone tell me why Chuck shot all the way to number ten in the poll? It should have been lower.
– As for the worst shows, no arguments here, but why is Heroes missing? The chapter titled Villains was by far the worst piece of television to air this fall (through it’s hard to argue against Do Not Disturb. Or if you live in Detroit, Lions football games.)