The second set of trends for the Arbitron fall book for Chicago radio stations are out, and there is some movement on the chart among several radio stations. Thoughts…
– It looks like WGN is going to be #1 for the foreseeable future.
– WGCI rebounded to third place this trend, perhaps silencing critics (such as yours truly)
-WLS-AM rebounded nicely as well.
– Regional Mexican outlet WLEY finished seventh, hitting an all time high.
– WKSC dropped to ninth, reaching a year-long low with 3.1. So much for Britney’s comeback.
– WBBM-FM (B96) dropped to 12th place, perhaps an all-time low (post-1982) for the rhythmic outlet.
– Oldies station WZZN also took it on the chin.
-WCKG/WCFS saw a ratings drop with the switch to the new AC format.